Help from the Bush Church
Position: Sydney CBD, New South Wales
Date advertised: November 15, 2022
Type of work: Half day
Closing date: Friday 2 December 2022
We are looking for a passionate Christian with a passion for supporting ministry in rural Australia to fill the role of Administrative Assistant in the NSW/ACT office. This is a part-time position, which will support the NSW/ACT Regional Officer in engaging, encouraging, motivating and growing the NSW/ACT supporter base. Working closely with the National Office team, the successful candidate will be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
The successful candidate will have previous experience in an administrative position, preferably in a Christian non-profit organisation. An existing understanding of the structure, culture and mission of the Anglican Church is desirable but not essential. We value your ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. The successful candidate will have advanced computer literacy, organizational skills and the ability to solve problems, make decisions and show initiative.
Some of the main daily activities include:
- Handle scheduling for the NSW/ACT Regional Officer, including agendas, mail, emails, calls, travel arrangements and other logistics
- Respond to and interact with BCA supporters by email and phone
- Partner with churches and individual advocates in the NSW/ACT region
- Office support and administrative tasks, such as word processing, spreadsheet creation, maintenance of the filing system and contact database, and other day-to-day operations
- Organization and facilitation of events
- Prepare expense reports, process invoices and monitor payments
BCA – Go far
Founded in 1919, Bush Church Aid (BCA) is a Christian missionary organisation, working with the Anglican Church and other Christian organisations, focused on evangelical ministry in rural Australia. BCA cares about people living in remote, rural and regional Australia. We pledge to go far to reach Australia for Christ.
Although a national organisation, BCA operates a number of regional offices. This allows us to better support our staff on the ground as well as engage and develop advocates across regions.
The NSW/ACT Regional Office is co-located with the BCA National Office in Wynyard in the Sydney CBD.
You can find out more about what we do and what it’s like to work at BCA by visiting our website. If you have a question about the role or the application process, please email [email protected] or call (02) 9262 5017.
If you think you’re right for this role, please send your applications to [email protected]