Job title: Information management clerk
Sector: Information management
Kind of employment: Full time
Position: Gaziantep, Turkey
Duration of the contract: 12 months
ALAMEEN for humanitarian support is a non-governmental organization founded by a group of volunteers in Syria during the 2012 crisis and registered in the United States, Sweden and Turkey.
ALAMEN is implementing projects through regional offices in Syria, Turkey, Lebanon, Yemen, Sudan, Iraq, Palestine and Somalia.
Our areas of work are Health, Nutrition, Education, Food Security & Livelihoods (FSL), Protection, Shelter & Non-Food Items, Washing & Sanitation.
ALAMEN it also manages development projects, supports the strengthening of civil societies and local governance
Duties and responsibilities
- Promotes knowledge sharing and a learning culture in the office.
- Ability to research best practices and come up with new and more effective ways of doing things.
- Actively work to continue learning and personal development and apply newly acquired skills.
- Play a role in the design, development, management and improvement of data management systems including various relational databases and spreadsheets, excel, MS access.
- Design data entry forms, surveys using ODK or Kobo Toolbox, and line lists, along with the related process for collecting, cleaning, and verifying data.
- Write and review data queries based on project needs and analytical purposes using SQL,
- Collect, compile, analyze and report various data from various sources.
- Receive files, databases, source documents from official archivists in primary health centers.
- Keep backups scheduled according to plan for all files and databases to avoid data loss.
- Provide assistant and resolve data entry errors, clean up data by handling missing information, data errors, duplicates, and outliers according to data quality standards, and enforce data guidelines and procedures to ensure quality of data in all data flow systems and databases.
- Prepare training materials related to data entry, data tools, application usage and data control and conducted data related training to support field staff at regular meetings or unplanned events.
Program quality and development
- Develop interactive data visualizations and interpretations using tableaus or Power BI.
- Design workflows and data collection templates where needed.
- Follow personnel filed in Project on a daily basis and ensure daily data delivery and the availability of the most recent and updated reports.
- Train and mentor field staff on the use of data tools, forms and templates.
Monitoring and reporting
- Generate maps using Power BI, QGIS and ArcGIS for presentation data presentation.
- Generate automated statistical summary reports on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
Coordinate with the Project manager and IMU lead all archived team related activities and data entry based on project needs, organize and distribute activities based on team capacity and availability, and move resources as needed .
**Main employment relationships:
Position reports to:** IMU manager
The position directly supervises: Data entry workers.
PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS: AHS and AHS personnel must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the AHS Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service and Responsibility. In accordance with these values, AHS operates and enforces policies on protecting beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse, protecting minors, workplace harassment, tax integrity and retaliation, and combating human trafficking
Compliance and ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout AL-AMEEN for Humanitarian Support, as applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of ALAMEEN for Humanitarian Support and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards . Performs work with the highest level of integrity. Communicate these values to staff and partners and require them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within ALAMEEN for humanitarian support
and among beneficiaries served by AHS
NB: Considering the purpose and values of the organization, AL-AMEEN for humanitarian support, demands from its employee complete flexibility in terms of tasks and commitment, as the task and job can be adapted in the course of the year according to needs and priorities.
Education and qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT or relevant national or international experience in information management.
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in information management and technical support.
- Fair knowledge of the work of INGO and LNGO Strong understanding of data administration and management functions (collection, analysis, distribution and visualization) Familiarity with the regulations of non-profit organizations
- Required: Arabic and English are required (oral and written)
Technical skills and personal qualities required
- Proficient in relational databases such as SQL Server, MySQL in various operating systems and another database server.
- Experience programming using one or more programming languages, Python, Visual Basic, SQL and others would be preferred.
- MS Office and MS Excel: Have advanced skills in using Excel spreadsheets, formulas, VBA coding, filtering, sorting, data aggregation and pivot tables.
- interactive visualization tools (Power BI/Tableau): good knowledge of interactive visualization tools, ability to produce reports and online interactive maps based on collected data.
- Mobile data collection tools (ODK, Kobo Toolbox or other): ability to design and create forms and questionnaires, familiar with advanced options, testing tools.
- Map programming: QGIS, Arc GIS
- High level of English writing and editorial skills
- Ability to work under a minimum of supervision;
- Organized and able to manage priorities;
- Proactive, adaptable and ability to take initiative;
- Proactive approach to identifying solutions;
- Diplomatic and open-minded;
- Familiarity with multicultural environment;
- Good analytical skills;
How to apply
To apply for this position, please complete this link.
if you have any questions, please contact us via: [email protected]
Only selected candidates will be contacted.